BARTON â Fire displaced a family from their home Tuesday evening.
Firefighters responded to the Merrill and Emily Crawford residence at 150 Laurette Lane for a structure fire at 7:25 p.m.
Fire Chief David Clayes said a wood burning stove on the porch of the trailer caused the fire. The fire is not considered suspicious.
Firefighters had the blaze under control in less than five minutes. The trailer is a total loss. The fire got so hot that it melted a television set 20 feet away.
Emails indicate GMP wanted to avoid the publicity associated with arresting a journalist.
NEWPORT â Just days before the start of the trial of Chris Braithwaite, the state abruptly dropped the trespassing charge against him, claiming that emails from GMP had nothing to do with the dismissal. However those emails seemed to indicate that GMP implicitly permitted Braithwaite to be on the property.
DERBY â Community National Bank officials and the Vermont State Police are warning customers of a scam.
Trooper Amy Borsari wrote in a press release that scammers are sending text messages that read âCNB ALERTâ and requesting customers call a phone number in regards to their debit card either being deactivated or canceled.