Skip to main content


March 10, 2013

Coventry Village School students, left to right, front row: Brendyn Brasseur, Ryan Davis-Glodgett, Devin Van Bockler, Matthew Hancock, Natasha Sawyer, Taylor Lawson, JJ Bushey, Christian Gervais, Noah Bathalon; second row: Joe Bousquette, Kaylee Bowen, Grace Marida, and Matthew Baughman holding his son Aaron. Courtesy Photo

NEWPORT CITY – Anyone who has experienced a fire, even a small one, knows the devastation it can cause. That’s what happened to a Spring Street family about two weeks ago when a fire broke out at a Coventry family home. Damage was minimal but left the homeowners with the task of cleaning up.
Thanks to Coventry Village School (CVS) eighth grade students, the family had the home refurbished quickly.
“They came and cleaned and helped me clean up,” said the resident, who asked not to be identified. The resident is an employee at CVS. She appreciated the students’ efforts. “There was a lot of smoke in the house and it made everything smell.”

For more of this story, see Monday's edition of The Newport Daily Express for March 11, 2013.


Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes